Monday, November 21, 2005

In My Country, We Say "Thank You"

McKay has made some good linguistic approximations recently. I sent out an email more than a year ago called "McKay's Dictionary". Here are the most notable entries so far for Age Three:

Elbow Cookie: the largest city in New Mexico.
furzurt: a sweet following the midday or evening meal.
heckapoper: rotor-driven VTOL aircraft.
ungella: parabolic rain avoidance tool made of cloth.


An amusing conversation from this evening:

McKay: Mom! Pucky's bothering me!
Lorraine: Tell him not to.
McKay: Not to, Pucky!

(Thanks to Kayla, McKay's friend Max's mum, for supplying me with the title)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lorraine, age three: Mom, Andrew is bugging me.

Mom: Well, tell him you're sorry.

Lorraine: Sorry, Andrew.

(True story)

Raine said...

Always so polite and mannerly...:)

About Me

My photo
Places We've called Home: Kingston ON Chicago IL Atlanta GA Vancouver BC