Saturday, July 23, 2005

Grandma lives at ATL


Had a midweek adventure this week by visiting Grandma Cokey at her weekend home at ATL.

She was flying through to Jacksonville and had a 4 hour layover at ATL, so us and our burb relatives The Coys made the trek out to the airport to give her a little bit of lovin'. Needless to say her Airtran flight from Midway was delayed. But this allowed us a leisurely dinner (with GREAT beer) at Six Feet Under (so named because it is across from the Oakland cemetery).


The Coy boys are growing up, it was great talking to them to give me a preview of the years down the road. I have to admit, 7yr old Jeffrey asking me "What rock bands do you like" caused a moment of silence. I asked at work the next day (most of the lab is young 20 things...) and the correct answer is "Green Day" or "Gwen Stefani". Oh well :)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Places We've called Home: Kingston ON Chicago IL Atlanta GA Vancouver BC